What's On in Exeter
Exeter's vibrant arts scene sets it firmly on the map as the cultural centre of the South West. For sheer diversity, it's hard to beat the year-round programme of music, theatre, dance, comedy, and entertainment with live events every day of the year.
Exeter Northcott is a professional theatre with a mix of drama, ballet, dance and opera. Check out what's on at Exeter Phoenix, one of the city's most stimulating venues with live music, dance, theatre, film and visual art. The Cavern Club, Mama Stones, The Globe and the Lemon Grove are popular venues for live music and new bands. There's plenty of nightlife too in the city's many other clubs and bars.
Exeter Corn Exchange is a very popular venue and hosts a very entertaining comedy club, ballroom dancing and seasonal programmes of quality entertainment. Exeter Barnfield Theatre has a varied programme of community theatre, comedy, music, dance and family shows. The Bike Shed Theatre are building a very good reputation for outstanding independent and contemporary performances.
Exeter Cathedral has breathtaking acoustics, many classical concerts are held throughout the year. The University of Exeter Great Hall features the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra plus many touring gigs and other events.
The Royal Albert Memorial Museum recently re-opened after a £24m extension and refurbishment and is a MUST SEE for any visitor to the city. The Museum has an extensive programme of events and exhibitions throughout the year.
Exeter is a city of diverse events. These include:
- Vibraphonic - which features fresh and funky music
- Animated Exeter - has the best of films, workshops, events and animation
- Acoustica - a mix of alt-folk and Americana
- Devon County Show - a great family day out
- Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink - to sample Devon produce
- Exeter Cathedral - concerts held in magnificent surroundings
- Exeter Pride - a day of celebration in the city
- Exeter Open Studios - the chance to visit the homes of the city's many artists to browse and buy
- Analogue to Digital Music Expo - a unique industry music event
- Exeter Contemporary Open - a chance to see work by some of the most talented emerging artists
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum - national touring exhibitions
- Spacex - contemporary art space showcasing national and international artists
How to Search
To find the perfect place to visit in Exeter, simply use the search panel on the right. You can search by date or by type of attraction (e.g. Exhibition, Music, Historical) or by using all the options.
Planning an event? If you are organising an event in Exeter, click here to download a form. Complete the form and we will add your event to this website.
Heart of Devon Highlights
- Exeter - SW Athletics Academy: Mini Athletes
- Exeter Phoenix - Jumping Beans
- Exeter Phoenix - Justin Currie
- Exeter Picture House - Discover Tuesdays
- Exeter Racecourse - Racedays
- Forever Young Sing for Fun